Friday 21 March 2014

Wk 12 Springtime pastels... Graph'It Colour challenge

Hello and welcome back to another Graph'It Colour challenge!
Spring is a-coming here in the UK, the flowers are all springing forth with their glorious colours so this week we have challenged the team to use a 
Springtime Pastels
theme
You have until 4th April at noon GMT to enter this challenge and our Random Winner will receive a pack of Graph'Its to try! The Design Team will also choose their favourite Top 3 and we will announce the winner on 11th April.

When you look at the Graph'it Colour chart it can appear that because the colours are so very vibrant and rich, that there aren't any pastel tones, but this is very far from the truth. Pastels are very often represented by wishy washy pale colour tones which don't make much impact but by keeping the depth of the pigments so rich Graph'it have some lovely pastels to offer us. Try 5110, 5115, 6130 just for a start.

This week we don't have a winner to announce as we are now a fortnightly challenge but will announce our Week 10 winner next Friday. You can still enter that challenge HERE if you're very quick and get your entry in today!

Watch out for news of another Graph'It show coming up on Create and Craft at the end of March - we'll have more news on that for you next week : )

So, without further ado, let's get the DT inspiration!...

Anjie...The image and sentiment is Dollie Daydream - Sleepyhead Digistamp, which is also available in the Polkadoodles Etsy store.  I have made rolled roses from the same papers and added some die cuts. 
The Graph'It Markers I have used are:
Skin: 4115, 4155, 4170, 4175
Clothes: 6110, 6120, 6140
Pinks: 5110, 5115, 5125

Zoe - I really enjoyed this challenge as I usually colour bright, bold colours so I had to rein myself in to colour pastels! I used this pretty girl character from Candy Doodles collection.   I created a simple white background using the fabulous fence & lanterns from the Doobadoo range as well as some pastel coloured flowers, gems & Candi from my stash. I also used my blender with all combinations to lighten and blend where necessary.
The Graph It colours I used are -
Skin = 4120, 4135, 4145, 4150 & 3120, Hair = 4150, 5140, 6160 & 3190
Shoes = 5115, 5120 & 5130, Jeans = 9100, 9102, 9103 & 9105
Top/hairband = 4110 & 1210, Dress: 6140,6120,6110,5110
Hair: 3180, 3150,3145, 1230, Skin: 4180, 4145, 4115, 4124 

Cara...I decided to use my mix it pallet for this challenge to help me achieve a soft watercolour effect to my image. I stamped my image on Watercolour card which worked really well with the blender which I used to "paint with". It also helped having the Brush nib on the blender pen.  I was a little scared to use this technique before but now I've taken the plunge I really love it and will be using it more often!
Graph'it's used:
Skin: 4175, 4170, 4135
Hair: 3820, 3255
Pink: 5120, 4135
Blue: 7130, 9120
Green: 8290,8280,8260
Mix it pallet and blender pen.

So there's your inspiration from the team - gorgeous as always! Don't forget to please follow our rules in the sidebar which are very simple and easy. Thanks for joining us and we'll see you next week! x

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the gorgeous inspirations and a great challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cards from the design team. Thank you for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the gorgeous DT inspirations and another great challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful inspiration from the DT and a super colour challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous selection from the DT, thank you for a fabulous challenge.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab design team inspiration and a lovely challenge to get in the mood for spring. x

    ReplyDelete

The Colour Crazy Design Team love to hear from you so please feel free to leave us a comment or question!